Jurnal Biomedika is one of the journals managed by the Faculty of Health Sciences, Setia Budi Surakarta University, which was first published in April 2009. The Biomedical Journal is a scientific journal published online and publishes articles or scientific papers from research in the field of biomedical science.
The ethical statement of scientific publications is a code of ethics statement for all parties involved in the process of publication of scientific journals, namely managers, editors, partners, reviewers, and authors. The Code of Ethics for Scientific Publication basically upholds three ethical values in publication, namely (i) Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications; (ii) Justice, which is to give authorship rights to those who are entitled as authors; and (iii) Honesty, which is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in publications.
After finishing reading this Scientific Publication Ethics, please download the Statement of Ethics and Copyright Agreement. Please sign and submit the Ethics Statement as part of your initial article submission. Copyright agreements must be submitted before the article can be published. The Statement of Ethics and Copyright Agreement can be sent by post, email or fax.
For of Journal Managers
- Determine the name of the journal, scope of science, scale, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine the editorial board membership.
- Defining relationships between publishers, editors, partner bestists (reviewers), and other parties in a contract.
- Respect confidential matters, both for contributing researchers, authors / writers, editors, and best-partner partners.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Conduct a review of journal policies and submit them to authors / writers, board editors, best partners, and readers.
- Make a code of conduct guide for editors and best partners.
- Publish articles in journals regularly.
- Guarantee the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publishing.
- Building a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Prepare licensing and other legal aspects.
- Meeting the needs of readers and authors / writers,
- Strive for continuous improvement in the quality of publications,
- Implement the process to guarantee the quality of published papers,
- Prioritizing freedom of opinion objectively,
- Maintain the integrity of the academic track record of the author,
- Submitting corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if needed,
- Responsible for the style and format of the writing, while the content and all statements in the paper are the responsibility of the author / writer,
- Actively asking for the opinions of authors, readers, bestari partners, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications,
- Encourage the assessment of journals if there are findings,
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to attach an Ethics Clearance form that has been approved by the Ethics Clearance Commission,
- Support initiatives to educate researchers about the ethics of publication,
- Assess the effects of policy issues on the attitudes of authors / authors and best partners and improve them to increase responsibility and minimize errors,
- Having an open mind about new opinions or other people's views that might conflict with personal opinions,
- Does not maintain one's own opinion, the author or third party that can lead to non-objective decisions,
- Encourage authors / writers, so they can make repairs to their writings until they are published.
- Obtain the task of the editor to review the paper and submit the results of the review to the editor, as material for determining the feasibility of a paper to be published.
- The reviewer may not conduct a study of a paper involving him, directly or indirectly
- Maintain the privacy of authors by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by giving criticism, suggestions, input, and recommendations
- Encourage the author / writer to make improvements to the paper
- Reviewing the corrected paper in accordance with predetermined standards.
- Writing is reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the issue published based on scientific rules (methods of data collection, legality of the author, conclusions, etc.).
- Ensure that what is included in the list of authors / authors meets the criteria as an author / writer.
- Collectively responsible for work and the contents of the article include methods, analysis, calculations, and details.
- State the origin of resources (including funding), both directly and indirectly
- Authors are not allowed to withdraw articles that have been submitted to the Jurnal Biomedika because withdrawing these articles consumes the resources, time, and efforts made by Editors and Peer-reviewers in processing the article.
We are committed to ensuring that advertising, reprint or other commercial revenue has no impact or influence on editorial decisions. Though this journal has not yet obtained its membership with the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), we are committed to adhere to the standards and guidelines set out by COPE.
The following are the useful links for our authors, reviewers and editors.